Thursday, March 14, 2013

When photographers get together...

Last month was my bday. I was determined to do something different and fun. For those who don't much about me, I have what some consider a big family. A husband, four kids, a house and my photography on top of that. Yes, I think its safe to say that I am busy pretty  much every day of my life. I love it though.

My Family is my priority. My schedule works around my family and not the other way around. I always try to think of my kids' needs before my own. For that same reason I haven't been able to take a vacation by myself before. I don't really go anywhere without my husband and my kids, which is ok, because I like it that way.

Last moth was different though, or I wanted to have an excuse to see it special and different. I wanted to go on a "girls weekend" and I found the perfect partner in crime for it. My friend Julyssa Schenk!



I met Julyssa almost 10 years ago in Sacramento where we used to live. Back then we only had our firstborns and a lot of time on our hands. Lunches together, play dates, etc. Now we live in different states, but we have been able to see each other a few times.

Julyssa and I have a lot in common. She is a Latina just like me, same believes, kids around the same age, amazing husbands that love us and support us. We also share some of the same passions and the love for art! She is crafty, very creative and she is also a photographer like me! Yay! Perfect friend for a girls weekend! As soon as I told her I wanted to celebrate my bday she said she was in!

What is all this fuss about anyway?

I was turning 39 last month and I think us ladies should celebrate BIG the year before you turn 40. You know, we make such a big deal about turning 40, but in my case I wanted to remember my very last bday in my 30's. After all, I am not getting any younger!

Julyssa drove from Gilbert, Arizona to Palm Springs, Ca and we spent a fabulous girls weekend talking, trying new restaurants, shopping and OF COURSE taking the time to photograph each other. We had an amazing time! It was hilarious to see how it is actually  not easy to be in front of the camera. Oh, and the work out, our poor models the things we put them through!
I also learned that we as photographers should spend more time in front of the lens too. We capture memories, we freeze special moments in time and we make others have amazing photographs for future generations, but we forget that life goes by for us too.

Dear photographers, find your won partner in crime, get fancy (or not)  and snap away!

I had the greatest time with my friend. More beautiful memories to cherish, and the knowledge that no matter how far apart we are, we are still good friends!














Oh! and of course I ended up with amazing pics of myself too! I will share one of them with you here. 


For more go visit my friends photography FB page at Julyssa Schenk Photography and like her while you are there! Wink! 
To visit her website go to Julyssa Schenk Photography/blog


Thank you for stopping by my blog you all! Thank you for all the likes on my FB page and thank you for all the nice comments I always get.

PS: clic on images to enlarge for a better view!

Have a wonderful weekend!

~Lily M










No comments:

Post a Comment